What is a Hotspot?
A mobile hotspot is a device that uses cellular data to connect an internet enabled device to the Internet. You can take laptops, tablets and more online without needing to be near WiFi.
Hotspots go out for two weeks at a time and there is a $2/day late fee.
Only one hotspot can be checked out to a family in a four week period.
While hotspots are available to all BCCLS cardholders, they must be checked out and returned in Ridgewood.
Hotspots may be reserved up to four weeks in advance.
Please contact the Reference Desk at 201-670-5600 ext. 130 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
How to Reserve a Hotspot in 7 Steps
1) Go to KitKeeper and look at the third section. There is a blue box around it in the picture to the right. Select the month you would like to reserve a hotspot for and hit "Go." Hotspots may be reserved up to four weeks in advance.
2) Click on the drop down menu that says "All Genres." Pick "Hotspots" option and then click on the red "Select" button.
3) Hover over the date you would like to reserve a hotspot for. If there is a hotspot available, the box will be green. If there is a grey box there are no hotspots available on that date.
4) Click on the date you will be reserving a hotspot for. The list of hotspots on the right will become clickable. Click on one of the available hotspots.
5) You will reach a screen asking for your library card number. Type it in and hit submit.
6) This screen should then appear. Hit Continue. If you do not see this message, please contact the Reference Desk at 201-670-5600 ext. 130.
7) Confirm that your contact information is correct, making a change if you need to. Then hit reserve this kit to complete your reservation.
We also have a video tutorial walking you through the process of reserving a hotspot.
The Reference Desk can help you with any questions.
201-670-5600 ext. 130 or email@example.com