A Library of Things is a collection of items such as STEM kits, house tools, videography equipment, WIFI hotspots and more that library patrons can check out for FREE.
Please read our Tech Lending Policy before requesting any items. Highlights include:
2 week lending period
Replacment fees for lost parts or items
Item drop-off location (Ridgewood Reference Desk ONLY)
Some items are Ridgewood Only
How to Reserve an Item in 7 Steps
1) Go to KitKeeper and find the third section, pictured to the right in a blue box.
Select the month you would like to reserve a hotspot for and hit "Go."
Items may be reserved up to four weeks in advance.
2) Click on the drop down menu that says "All Genres."
If you know which category your item belongs to, click on that option and then click on the red "Select" button.
If you don't, you can browse a list of all kits by looking at the "All Genres" category.
3) Hover over the date you would like to reserve an item for. If there is an item available, the box will be green. If the box is grey, there are no items available for that date.
4) Click on the date you will be reserving an item for. The list of items on the right will become clickable.
Then, click on one of the available items.
5) You will reach a screen asking for your library card number. Type it in and hit submit.
6) This screen should then appear. Hit Continue.
If you do not see this message, please contact the Reference Desk at 201-670-5600 ext. 130.
7) Confirm that your contact information is correct, making any changes if you need to.
Then hit "Reserve this Kit" to complete your reservation.